Stanford Lyman Memorial Scholarship
Deadline for submission: August 10, 2014*
- Ph.D. candidate working on a dissertation in sociological theory, symbolic interaction, race relations, law, or ethics.
- Applicant must be receiving the degree from an institution within the MSSA member states or from an institution which has active MSSA student/faculty memberships.
Each applicant is to submit the following:
- Letter of introduction which includes a brief discussion of how the applicant’s work reflects Stanford Lyman’s tradition within sociology
- Description of dissertation research project, such as a research proposal – approx 5 pages,
- Letter of support from the applicant’s dissertation committee chair which evaluates the dissertation project,
- Timetable for completion of the dissertation and degree, and
- Current vitae.
Applications may be sent electronically to the scholarship coordinator at the following address:
Dr. David Knottnerus
Chair of the Stanford Lyman Scholarship Committee
*The scholarship will be announced at the Annual MSSA Conference banquet, but the committee does reserve the right not to award the scholarship in any given year.