Stanford Lyman Memorial Scholarship ($1,000.00)
2021 Submission Deadline: September 15
- Ph.D. candidate working on a dissertation in sociological theory, symbolic interaction, race relations, law, or ethics.
- Applicant must be receiving the degree from an institution within the MSSA member states or from an institution which has active MSSA student/faculty memberships.
Each applicant is to submit the following:
- Letter of introduction which includes a brief discussion of how the applicant’s work reflects Stanford Lyman’s tradition within sociology
- Description of dissertation research project, such as a research proposal – approx 5 pages,
- Letter of support from the applicant’s dissertation committee chair which evaluates the dissertation project,
- Timetable for completion of the dissertation and degree, and
- Current vitae.
Please send all application materials to the Chair of the Stanford Lyman Scholarship Committee, Dr. Raymond Barranco, (RBarranco@soc.msstate.edu).
*The scholarship will be announced at the Annual MSSA Conference banquet. The winner must be present to receive the scholarship.
Tina Hebert Deshotels, President