The Stanford M. Lyman Distinguished Book Award
This award was established in memory of Stan Lyman in order to honor MSSA members whose recently published work makes a significant contribution to the field of sociology. Please consider nominating one of your colleagues for this prestigious award. Keep in mind the following:
- The book must be an original work (and can be sole authored or co-authored)
- The work must have been published within the last three years
- Textbooks and edited editions are not eligible.
- The author must be a current member in the Mid-South Sociological Association, and must have been a member for at least three years.
Be sure to include the following in your nomination
- The complete citation for the book (author/s, date published, title, publisher)
- Author/s contact information (email, affiliation, phone number if possible).
- Publisher contact information (e.g., contact person, phone number, and ISBN)
- A brief description of the book and why you believe it should be nominated.
Specific information for the current year’s award process (including deadlines and where to send nominations) can be found here: Lyman Call for Nominations – 2013r.