This award was established in memory of Stan Lyman in order to honor MSSA members whose recently published work makes a significant contribution to the field of sociology. Please consider nominating one of your colleagues for this prestigious award. Keep in mind the following:
- The book must be an original work (and can be sole authored or co-authored)
- The work must have been published within the last three years
- Textbooks and edited editions are not eligible.
- One of the authors must be a current member in the Mid-South Sociological Association, and must have been a member for at least three years.
Be sure to include the following in your nomination
- The complete citation for the book (author/s, date published, title, publisher)
- Author/s contact information (email, affiliation, phone number if possible).
- Publisher contact information (e.g., contact person, phone number, and ISBN)
- A brief description of the book and why you believe it should be nominated
Nominations should be sent (via email) to the committee Chair:
- Dr. David G. LoConto, (New Mexico State University) email@example.com
Copies of the nominated book should be sent to the each of the four committee members at the following addresses:
- Dr. David G. LoConto, Department of Sociology, MSC 3WSP, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM 88-003-8001
- Dr. Dennis L. Peck; 91 Arcadia Drive, Tuscaloosa, AL 35404
- Dr. Erin L. Rider, Department of Sociology and Social Work, Jacksonville State University, Jacksonville, AL 36265
- Dr. Allison Vetter, Department of Sociology and Anthropology, Henderson State University, 1100 Henderson Street, Arkadelphia, AR 71999