This award was established in memory of Stan Lyman in order to honor MSSA members whose recently published work makes a significant contribution to the field of sociology. Please consider nominating one of your colleagues for this prestigious award. Keep in mind the following:
- The book must be an original work (and can be sole authored or co-authored)
- The work must have been published within the last three years
- Textbooks and edited editions are not eligible.
- One of the authors must be a current member in the Mid-South Sociological Association, and must have been a member for at least three years.
Nominations are due July 1, 2015
Be sure to include the following in your nomination
- The complete citation for the book (author/s, date published, title, publisher)
- Author/s contact information (email, affiliation, phone number if possible).
- Publisher contact information (e.g., contact person, phone number, and ISBN)
- A brief description of the book and why you believe it should be nominated
Nominations should be sent (via email) to the Committee Chair:
- Dr. Erin Rider, (Jacksonville State University) email@example.com
Copies of the nominated book will need to be sent to each of the committee members. Please contact the Committee Chair to get the address for each member:
- Chair: Dr. Erin Rider (Jacksonville State University)
- Dr. Thomas Calhoun (Jackson State University)
- Dr. Jackie Eller (Middle Tennessee State University)
- Dr. Timothy B. Gongaware (University of Wisconsin – La Crosse)
- Dr. Melanie Sberna Hinojosa (University of Central Florida)
- Dr. Dennis McSeveney (University of New Orleans)