This award was established in memory of Stan Lyman in order to honor MSSA members whose recently published work makes a significant contribution to the field of sociology. Please consider nominating one of your colleagues for this prestigious award. Keep in mind the following:
- The book must be an original work (and can be sole authored or co-authored).
- The work must have been published within the last three calendar years (during 2014 or since).
- Textbooks and edited editions are not eligible.
- The author must be a current member in the Mid-South Sociological Association. If co-authored, at least one of the authors must be a current member of the association.
Nominations are due September 1, 2017
Be sure to include the following in your nomination
- The complete citation for the book (author/s, date published, title, publisher)
- Author/s contact information (email, affiliation, phone number if possible).
- Publisher contact information (e.g., contact person, phone number, and ISBN)
- A brief description of the book and why you believe it should be nominated
Nominations should be sent (via email) to the Committee Chair:
- Patricia Gleich, Ed.D. (University of West Florida) firstname.lastname@example.org.