The Stanford M. Lyman Distinguished Book Award
This award was established in memory of Stan Lyman in order to honor MSSA members whose recently published work makes a significant contribution to the field of sociology. Please consider nominating one of your colleagues for this prestigious award. Keep in mind the following:
- The book must be an original work (and can be sole authored or co-authored)
- The work must have been published within the last three years
- Textbooks and edited editions are not eligible.
- One of the authors must be a current member in the Mid-South Sociological Association, and must have been a member for at least three years.
Be sure to include the following in your nomination
- The complete citation for the book (author/s, date published, title, publisher)
- Author/s contact information (email, affiliation, phone number if possible).
- Publisher contact information (e.g., contact person, phone number, and ISBN)
- A brief description of the book and why you believe it should be nominated
Nominations should be sent (via email) to the committee Chair:
Dr. David G. LoConto, (New Mexico State University) firstname.lastname@example.org
Copies of the nominated book should be sent to the each of the four committee members at the following addresses:
Dr. David G. LoConto, Department of Sociology, MSC 3WSP, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM 88-003-8001
Dr. Dennis L. Peck; 91 Arcadia Drive, Tuscaloosa, AL 35404
Dr. Erin L. Rider, Department of Sociology and Social Work, Jacksonville State University, Jacksonville, AL 36265
Dr. Allison Vetter, Department of Sociology and Anthropology, Henderson State University, 1100 Henderson Street, Arkadelphia, AR 71999