The Stanford M. Lyman Distinguished Book Award
It is with great pleasure that we open nominations for the 2010 Stanford M. Lyman Distinguished Book Award. This award was established in memory of Stan Lyman in order to honor MSSA members whose recently published work makes a significant contribution to the field of sociology. Please consider nominating one of your colleagues for this prestigious award. Keep in mind the following:
- The book must be an original work (and can be sole authored or co-authored)
- The work must have been published within the last three years (thus a book published between 2007 and 2010 is eligible)
- Textbooks and edited editions are not eligible
- The author must be a current member in the Mid-South Sociological Association, and must have been a member for at least three years.
Be sure to include the following in your nomination:
- The complete citation for the book (author/s, date published, title, publisher)
- Author/s contact information (email, affiliation, phone number if possible).
- Publisher contact information (e.g., contact person, phone number, and ISBN)
- A brief description of the book and why you believe it should be nominated.
Nominations should be sent (via email) to:
Dr. Thomas J. Durant
Louisiana State University
or call at: 225-766-8233
The deadline for nominations is June 1, 2010.