Call for Participation
Deadline for submissions: October 15, 2021
Submit Papers though our new MSSA Online Marketplace here
(see submission instructions below)
The Mid-South Sociological Association is excited to announce that the submission portal for the annual meeting is NOW OPEN! The MSSA Annual Meeting will be held October 21st – 23rd in Charlotte, North Carolina. We invite research papers from any and all disciplines, including those with an interdisciplinary focus. Please consider submitting your papers/abstracts early, to help ensure a spot in the session of your choice. The final deadline is October 15th, 2021. Submit your paper title and abstract through our new online submission system. If you are unsure of where your paper might best fit or if it does not fit in any of the listed sessions, there are several general sessions that the paper can be submitted under.
As COVID-19 is a still an issue for some, I would like to say that the MSSA Inc. Executive Board is taking this into consideration while preparing for the upcoming meeting. It has been decided to have an in-person meeting for those who want or are able to come while offering an online/hybrid option for those who are not yet comfortable traveling. All sessions will be open to anyone whether they want to present in person or via zoom. The safety and well-being of our members is our top priority. There will be a robust team for technical support during the sessions.
We have some very exciting paper session topics! Follow the directions below to establish an online account and view the session titles. Also, consider participation in one of our panels, roundtables, poster sessions, or workshops that will be included in the program this fall. If you have any questions/concerns and/or suggestions please contact me, MSSA Inc. President-Elect and Program Chair, at email@example.com
Directions for submitting a paper through the online portal system:
1) Access our new member portal: “MSSA Online Marketplace”
2) Enter your email address
3) Enter Password (if this is your first visit, select the link to set your password – from the registration page you will be promoted to enter your personal information)
4) From the Member Management Portal click “Submit a Paper or Session”
5) In the “Papers” section, select “Add New”
6) From the “New Presentation” page enter your: a) presentation title, b) abstract, c) preference for In-Person Only, Virtual Only, or Either
7) Select “Submission Type”: Paper or Poster
8) From the “Topic” drop down menu, select your (1) preferred: Paper Session, Round Table, Panel, or if you are unsure, select: “I’m not sure what Session to Pick”.
You will be notified when your paper has been accepted. You will need to register for the conference before your presentation.
If you prefer, you can send your paper to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tina Hebert Deshotels, President