2013 MSSA Second Call for Session Organizers
Hey Everyone – Sorry if you’ve received this a number of times through cross-listings. I just wanted to make sure everyone receives a copy and has the opportunity to propose a session. The Atlanta conference should be very exciting and should have very good attendance for us to present and explore our research and projects. Please note that the deadline for session proposals is January 18, 2013. Hope your year is off to a fantastic start!!
39th Annual MSSA Conference
Call for Session/Workshop Organizers
Deadline for Proposals: January 20, 2013
Action Sociology: Opportunities in a (Post) Modern World
October 23-26, 2013
Atlanta, GA – Holiday Inn: Atlanta Capitol Conference Center
Program Chair: Dr. Timothy B. Gongaware University of Wisconsin – La Crosse
- Identifying areas in our social world where action sociology takes place.
- Explaining how action sociology is or may be engaged.
- Exploring opportunities for action sociology to be created.
- Examining experiences of those who take advantage of action opportunities on a local, regional, national or international stage.
- Theorizing the place of action sociology in relation to traditional and/or modern sociological engagement.
- Studying the benefits and repercussions of engaging in action sociology.