2012 MSSA Annual Conference Updated Call for Papers
For those who may have missed the announcements, information on the 2012 Graduate Paper of Distinction as well as the 2012 Undergraduate Paper Competition are available on the MSSA website (www.midsouthsoc.org). Additionally, President-Elect and Program Chair, Dr. Earl Wright, has recently sent out an update to the 2012 MSSA Annual Meeting Call for Papers which I have included below. Details about the hotel and making reservations can also be found on the website.
Sociology from the South: Assessing the Past, Examining the Present and Forecasting the Future of Southern Sociology
November 7-10, 2012
CALL FOR PAPERS
DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 1, 2012
If you are interested in presenting in a session below please forward a submission form (see attachment) and an abstract of your paper directly to the organizer. The organizer will inform you about the acceptance of your paper.
If you are unable to locate an appropriate session below please forward your paper to:
Earl Wright II (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- “Civic Engagement, Service Learning and Community Involvement” - Ann Marie Kinnell (email@example.com)
- “Consumption, Consumer Culture and the American Dream” - Terrell A. Hayes (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- “Crime and Deviance” - Rhonds D. Evans (email@example.com)
- “A Critical Analysis of Classical Theory” - Tina Hebert Deshotels (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- “Family and Personal Relationships” - Kimberly P. Brackett (email@example.com)
- “Gender” - Rhonds D. Evans (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- “Gender and Social Deviance” - Jackie Eller (email@example.com)
- “Gendered Experiences/Global Institutions: A View from the American South” - Ruth Channie Hill (firstname.lastname@example.org) & Tina Hebert Deshotels (email@example.com)
- “Global Sociology” - Samuel Adu-Mireku (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- “Integrating Networks in Health Disparities Research” - Dawood Sultan (email@example.com) & Claire M. Norris (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- “Sociology of Race” - Jessica Pardee (email@example.com)
- “Sociology of Religion” - Andrew Whitehead (Andrew_Whitehead@baylor.edu)
- “The Role and Relevancy of HBCU’s to Black Progress and Empowerment in the 21st Century” - Toni Sims-Muhammad (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- “Social Stigma and Discrimination” - Kristi Stringer (KLS5N@UAB.EDU)
- “Social Theory” - David Knottnerus (email@example.com)
- “Sociology of Education and Youth” - Frederique Van de Poel-Knottnerus (Frederique.knottnerus@
- “Sociology of Emotions” - Jackie Eller (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- “Sociology of the Environment, Disaster, and Environmental Justice in the South and Beyond” - Francis O. Adeola (email@example.com)
- “Sociology of the Global South” - Francis O. Adeola (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- “Sociology of Health and Illness in the South” - Christopher R. Freed (email@example.com)
- “Sociology of Leisure” - Timothy Gongaware (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- “Sociology of Work and Labor” - Terrell A. Hayes (email@example.com)
All requests must be made on the submission form (see the website) to be considered. The form should be 1) completed; 2) saved to your personal computer; and 3) emailed as an attachment directly to the session organizer. If you are unable to complete the submission form via this process contact the session organizer to obtain a fax number or postal address to be used as an alternative submission method.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL Presenters, Presiders, Discussants, and Session Organizers must be current members of MSSA and must pre-register for the conference by September 15, 2012. Individuals not pre-registered for the conference by this date will not have their name or presentation information included in the final program.