Stanford M. Lyman Distinguished Book Award
(Deadline: June 15, 2012)
The Stanford M. Lyman Distinguished Book Award was established in memory of Stan Lyman in order to honor MSSA members whose recently published work makes a significant contribution to the field of sociology. Please consider nominating one of your colleagues for this prestigious award. Keep in mind the following:
- The book must be an original work (and can be sole authored or co-authored).
- The work must have been published within the last three years (thus a book published in 2009 or later is eligible).
- Textbooks and edited editions are not eligible.
- The author must be a current member of the Mid-South Sociological Association, and must have been a member for at least three years.
Be sure to include the following in your nomination:
- The complete citation for the book (author/s, date published, title, publisher)
- Author/s contact information (email, affiliation, phone number if possible).
- Publisher contact information (e.g., contact person, phone number, and ISBN).
- A brief description of the book and why you believe it should be nominated.
The deadline for submitting a book for consideration by the Book Selection Committee is June 15, 2012. Nominations should be sent (via email) to both:
Dr. Dennis R. McSeveney
University of New Orleans
Dr. Dennis Peck
University of Alabama