2010 Lyman Memorial Scholarship candidates needed
Stanford Lyman Memorial Scholarship
- Ph.D. candidate working on a dissertation in sociological theory, symbolic interaction, race relations, law, or ethics.
- Applicant must be receiving the degree from an institution within the MSSA member states, or from an institution which has active MSSA student/faculty memberships.
Submission information: Each applicant is to submit the following:
- Letter of introduction which includes a brief discussion of how the applicant’s work reflects Stanford Lyman’s tradition within sociology
- Description of dissertation research project, such as a research proposal – approx 5 pages,
- Letter of support from the applicant’s dissertation committee chair which evaluates the dissertation project,
- Timetable for completion of the dissertation and degree, and
- Current vitae.
Deadline September 1, 2010.
The scholarship will be announced at the fall MSSA conference banquet, but the committee does reserve the right not to award the scholarship in any given year.
Applications may be sent by mail or email (firstname.lastname@example.org — WORD only) to the following address:
Professor Jackie Eller
Box 126 MTSU
Murfreesboro, TN 37132
For more information contact Professor Eller by email or phone (615-898-2509.)